Network Up is a short-term mentoring program offered by Britepaths and the Financial Empowerment Center at South County that matches under- or un-employed men or women with a volunteer mentor. Mentors and mentees meet two to five times for a conversation focused on helping the mentee create or expand his/her professional network; and establish a career strategy and job search plan. There’s a high-need mentors who work or have worked in the fields of technology/IT, nonprofits and accounting, but we welcome professionals in all fields in Northern Virginia/DMV.
Mentors provide a wealth of experience, knowledge, and networking connections to help mentees land — and succeed in — the right job for them. Qualifications to join the program include:
- An established professional living in the Northern Virginia area
- Looking for an opportunity to become involved in your community
- Interested in helping people develop their professional goals and networking connections
- Willing to use your expertise and knowledge to help someone advance their career
Network Up is NOT a job placement program. Rather, it is a workforce development opportunity designed to help someone achieve their career goals.
- Food4Thought Volunteer Project
In wealthy Fairfax County, more than 30 percent of Fairfax County Public School children qualify for free or reduced-price meals — about one quarter of the school population.
Britepath’s Food4Thought Program partners with social workers and parent volunteers at select Fairfax County public schools. We enable them to send home food for the weekend in the backpacks of students who receive food assistance at school during the week and who may potentially go without food over the weekend.
- Contact the School you would like to donate food packs to and see what their current needs are: CLICK HERE for a list of our Partner Schools and Contact Information.
- Volunteer and Donation Report: Please fill out this form (MS WORD) (PDF) and send to Christina Garris at firstname.lastname@example.org so Britepaths can obtain volunteer hours and donation value. Britepaths will provide a thank you to use for tax purposes.
- Volunteer Project Details and Suggestions: Click Here for a PDF that offers details and suggestions for organizing your volunteer project.
- Questions? If you have questions, contact Sidney Arrington at email@example.com or 703.273.8829.
What Goes In a Food4Thought Pack?
- Chef Boyardee, Campbell or Hormel individual-sized heat-and-eat meals with meat or cheese (eg. SpaghettiOs with meatballs)
- Individual, microwaveable mac & cheese packs
- Tuna or chicken and cracker snack packs (eg. Bumble Bee or Starkist); consider that the larger meal packs can be too large for the packs.
- Soup cups (eg. Campbells 7 oz. chicken noodle or other soups with meat/veggies)
- Shelf-stable individual milk packs (eg. Horizon or Hershey’s—Please, no Yoo-Hoo)
- Juice boxes (100% juice)
- Oatmeal packets
- Individual-sized cereal packs
- Individual fruit cups or applesauce cups (like those from Dole, Motts, Del Monte, Musselman’s)
- Small snack items, such as cracker packs or granola bars