The Arlington Education and Employment Program (REEP) has a simple mission: to provide education and employment related needs to limited English proficient adults who live and work in Arlington.
Since 1975, REEP has helped over 90,000 English learners from 90 different countries with English classes and career development opportunities.
REEP classes assist English learners with integrating language, navigating U.S. culture, digital literacy, community involvement, and workforce preparation.
REEP is currently recruiting for in-person volunteers to start ASAP. In-person teaching assistants (particularly mornings at Syphax Education Center) and in-person ESL teachers (at Arlington Mill Community Center).
If this opportunity interests you after reading the description below, please contact RSVP Volunteer Specialist, Shannon White, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Time Commitment
- Minimum 3-months
- 1 class per week (1.5-3 hours)
- Classes occur weekday mornings, afternoons, and evenings
- Teach life skills English to beginning-level students.
- Prepare lessons appropriate to students’ levels.
- Attend training sessions and teacher meetings.
- English fluency
- Interest in work with adult learners
- Flexibility, patience
- Training provided:
- Pre-teaching observation
- Lesson planning training
- Resource training
- Follow-up observation
- On-going trainings
ESL Teaching Assistant
- Time Commitment:
- Minimum 3-months
- 1 class per week (1.5-2 hours)
- Monday-Friday mornings, afternoons, and evenings
- Assist ESL teachers.
- Model natural language to students.
- Provide students with opportunity to practice English.
- Work with small groups or individuals on specific tasks assigned by the teacher.
If you are interested in becoming an ESL Teach or ESL Teaching Assistant volunteer, please reach out to RSVP Volunteer Specialist, Shannon White, at email@example.com.