For the past 25 years, Food For Others has been providing families across Northern Virginia with free emergency groceries.
Due to COVID-19, more than 100,000 people in the region are facing food insecurity, including children. On average, Food for Others has been serving 3,000 households per week.
On Sunday, September 12th, Food For Others is hosting a 5K and Fun Run to help raise funds that will go to support families across the region.
Food For Others is seeking volunteers to help.
If you are interested in the below opportunities, please sign up through this link:
- Course Marshals
- Stationed along 5K at corners
- Direct runners and walkers
- May have to temporarily delay any cars and truck that may try to enter the course
- Must stand for at least two hours
- Shift: 8:00-10:00 am
- General 5K/Fun Run Volunteers
- CHEER ON RACERS!
- Set up and tear down tables, chairs, and supplies
- Direct/organize runners, walkers, strollers, and dogs
- Fill and hand water cups to runners
- Prevent vehicles from entering course
- Help clean up
5k & Fun Run Address:
Tysons Corner Center
1961 Chain Bridge Rd
Tysons, VA 22102