Disasters happen. Wildfires, hurricanes, and tornadoes level towns. Local house fires hit. The American Red Cross sits ready to respond and provide emergency services in times of crises.
Join the team as a volunteer and help support disaster relief missions in the following roles:
- Disaster Health Service Associate
- Volunteer Health Professionals are needed in shelters to provide direct hands-on care, health education, health assessments, and additional health related support.
- Disaster Action Team Member
- Assist individuals and families impacted by home fires or other local disasters. Commitment: monthly on-call shift
- Shelter Service Associate
- In-person shelter support. Assist with all aspects including, but not limited to, reception, registration, feeding, dormitory, information collection, and other vital tasks.
Time commitments vary. The American Red Cross provides training to volunteers.
If you are interested in this volunteer role, please contact RSVP Volunteer Specialist, Shannon White, at email@example.com.