Senior Services of Alexandria (SSA) is working to foster independence and self-sufficiency, enabling seniors within the City of Alexandria to age with dignity. While they provide programs dealing with companionship to education, they are currently looking for volunteers to join their Meals on Wheels program.
Due to the pandemic, volunteers must be under the age of 65.
If you are interested in joining in one of the programs below, please contact RSVP Volunteer Specialist, Shannon White, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Volunteers shop for and deliver groceries to home-bound seniors in Alexandria every other week.
- Volunteers shop for and deliver groceries to home-bound seniors every other week
- Time Commitment: Every other week for a minimum of six months
- Face mask and COVID-19 safety protocols required
- Background check required
- Volunteers ensure clients have access to at least one hot and one cold meal each day
- Time Commitment: Recurring weekly shift, approximately 2-hours long
- Shift start times:
- Monday-Saturday: 9:45 am
- Sunday: 11:45 am
- Follow protocol for a no-contact delivery