Since 1988, the non-profit organization, FACETS has been fighting to alleviate issues coinciding with poverty in Fairfax County. Programs include:
- Preventing and Ending Homelessness
- Hot Meals Food Distribution
- Hypothermia Prevention and Response Program
- Housing Services
Just this past year, the education and community development program reached 1,817 people, including serving over 500 children with youth programs focused on developing healthy academic and lifestyle habits.
Interested volunteers should contact RSVP Volunteer Specialist, Shannon White, at email@example.com to join or learn more about this opportunity in helping alleviate poverty in Fairfax County.
*Background checks are required. Performed at the expense of FACTETS.
- In-Person Front Desk Volunteer at the Alexandria Location
- Shifts: 10:00 am-1:00 pm, Monday-Friday
- COVID-19 precautions, masks required
- Help support staff.
- Answer phones.
- Process mail.
- Greet guests.
- Receive Donations.