Despite being one of the wealthiest counties in the United States, Fairfax County thousands of families struggle to make ends meet. To combat this, since 1984, Britepaths has been empowering families to become self-sufficient.
Each year Britepaths helps approximately 7,000 families and individuals across Fairfax County through short-term food and financial assistance and long-term guidance. Programs like financial mentoring and workforce development, Britepaths help build resilience and stabilize families’ futures.
Britepaths is seeking energetic, dependable, flexible volunteers to assist with our major fundraising event, Artful Living, a juried art exhibition and auction on Oct 21, 2021. Below are associated volunteer-appropriate tasks. With Development Associate as lead convener and project manager, tasks would be divided among volunteers. Planning materials will be provided, with tasks on timelines, budgets, event layouts, leads for sponsorships and in-kind services, event volunteer assignments with timeslots, etc.
If you are interested in any of the opportunities below, please contact RSVP Volunteer Specialist, Shannon White, at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. Likewise, if you feel like you have a special skill that can be of use to Britepaths, please relay that information to Shannon. Helping hands go far.
- Serve on the event planning committee; includes bi-monthly in-person and conference call meetings
- Assist in securing event sponsorships, in-kind donations, auction donations
- Promote events; create graphics and messages for website and social media
- Propose new ideas to improve the event planning and implementation process
- Procure according to budget appropriate décor and floral arrangements
- Serve as liaisons with vendors for event
- Assist in preparing signage, materials, registration lists, name tags, etc.
- Assist with managing set-up, on-site production and clean-up for day of event
- Track progress and provide periodic reports to Development Manager and team