In effort to distribute the COVID-19 vaccine quickly, heavy volunteer support and coordination is necessary.
RSVP is calling on volunteers for the newly-opened Stonebridge Vaccination Center on Eisenhower Ave in Alexandria administering vaccinations to Fairfax County residents. Duties of the volunteer range from parking lot coordination, intake of residents, and further coordination.
If you are interested in being part of the effort that vaccinates 6,000 people per day, with a total goal of 252,000 in six weeks, please read all the details below, and then contact RSVP Volunteer Specialist, Shannon White, at email@example.com.
- Fairfax County background check, including fingerprints
- An active background check listed with the County is accepted
Assigned Duties range from but are not limited to (flexibility is required by volunteer):
- Exterior directional flow
- Responsible for welcoming patients, and confirming they have an appointment. This position specifically directs vehicle/pedestrian flow into/out of the blue/red parking lot, and directs vehicle/patient flow towards the COVID-19 Vaccination Center
- Line management
- Responsible for directing patients and helping with maintain effective and efficient patient flow into and throughout the COVID-19 Vaccination Center.
- Patient access assistance
- Responsible for welcoming patients, confirming they have an appointment, and enabling patient access for the COVID-19 Vaccination Center.
- Pharmacy runner
- Responsible from taking COVID-19 vaccine from the Pharmacy Preparation area to the Vaccination Table for it to be administered to a patient.
- Patient monitoring area (non-clinical)
- Responsible for monitoring patients for 15 or 30 minutes to ensure they don’t have a reaction to the COVID-19 vaccine.
- Vaccination station assigner
- Responsible for directing patients to an open vaccination station to receive their COVID-19 vaccine.
- Welcome position
- Responsible for welcoming patients, confirming they have an appointment, and helping with patient flow into the COVID-19 Vaccination Center.
- Clinic hours run 8 am-4 pm (Volunteers take 1 of 2 shifts per day)
- Clinic is currently running through the latter part of May 2021
Help INOVA fill over 2,500 four-hour volunteer shifts over the next six weeks to support the newly opened Stonebridge Vaccination Center on Eisenhower Ave. This is a key step to ensuring the public healthy safety for all.
Image above: OwenBlacker, CC0, via Wikimedia Commons