Want to join a task force in times of emergency?
Join the Volunteer Emergency Team (VET) of Volunteer Fairfax, and have the opportunity to provide vital assistance to Fairfax County’s Office of Emergency Management!
VET Volunteers provide support and assistance to the Emergency Response Program Manager (ER PM) during times of local activation. There may be opportunities to assist at other levels depending on availability of opportunities. Attendance will also be requested during Community Engagement and Outreach events to include providing presentations to the public and interacting with local and state government officials. This is your opportunity to acquire skills in communications and disaster operations.
- Bilingual skills are helpful, but not necessary.
- Able to handle a fast paced, constantly changing environment in a calm manner.
- Pass a background check.
- Attendance at mandatory training, meetings, etc. that may be required during the year.
- Communicate on a regular basis (frequency will be discussed) with the ER PM regarding status of training and availability for operations.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Complete the following training:
- VET Orientation – Online
- Volunteer Reception Center (VRC) training – Online
- ICS 100 – FEMA Online Course
- Be available to assist Emergency Response Program Manager (ER PM) during times of activation.
- Assist ER PM with Community Outreach and Engagement events.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please contact RSVP Volunteer Specialist, Shannon White, at firstname.lastname@example.org.