Fifty years ago, Meals on Wheels came to Arlington, VA. Since then, homebound individuals have received healthy meals, and regular “check-ins” to make sure all their needs are met. Through the help of volunteers, Meals on Wheels has ensured their clients find comfort in the reliability of warm meals and a friendly knock on the door.
Today, a force of 250 volunteers serve 180 clients in Arlington delivering approximately 7500 meals a month.
More volunteers are still needed to ensure that all clients have access to services.
If you are interested in becoming a Meals on Wheels volunteer in Arlington, please contact RSVP Volunteer Manager, Shannon White at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- At least one day a week, Monday-Friday.
- Shifts start at 11:00 am and last about 90 minutes.
- No weekends.
- Arlington, VA. Volunteer routes start in the Ballston area.
- Personal vehicle and insurance required.
- Take a designated route and deliver meals to 10-12 clients.
- Training is provided.