Since its beginnings in 2014, GrandInvolve has had hundreds of senior volunteers working hard with local schools to help teachers and vulnerable students achieve their highest potential.
While the pandemic has put a pause on in-person tutoring, GrandInvolve is still working hard to ensure their mission in serving children in need continues.
Currently, GrandInvolve is looking for a Mason District Regional Coordinator. If you are interested in this position, please reach out to RSVP Volunteer Specialist, Shannon White, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mason District Regional Coordinator
This position supports and oversees the school partnerships within the Mason Magisterial District. There are 12 Title 1 Schools in the Mason area and each school has a “School Action Team” leader (SAT) who is a liaison between the school and GrandInvolve. The Mason Region Coordinator would work closely with each SAT in their region and market the GrandInvolve program to encourage each of the Title 1 schools to join GrandInvolve as a partner and accept GrandInvolve volunteers in their classrooms. This position also would seek community volunteers to join GrandInvolve and would develop community partners.
- Responsible for the schools in your region – recruiting both SATs and Elementary Classroom Volunteers
- Provide guidance and communicate District- wide information to the SATs at those schools – this includes meeting with them at the beginning of the year and mentoring any new SATs as they come on board
- Conduct periodic check ins with the SATS via email
- Serve on the Operations Team to help grow both your region AND GrandInvolve
- Have a relationship with the Board of Supervisor and School Board Member for your region
- Form relationships with civic associations and faith communities in your region
- Disseminate information to the SATs when needed
- Attend SAT Meetings and form Agenda
- Attend meetings with potential partners in your region