Recurring weekday volunteers, and on-call backup volunteers needed.
***Due to COVID-19 restrictions, volunteers must be under the age of 65 and not have any conditions which may put them at high-risk.
Senior Services of Alexandria (SSA) is working to foster independence and self-sufficiency, enabling seniors within the City of Alexandria to age with dignity. While they provide programs dealing with companionship to education, they are currently looking for volunteers to join their Meals on Wheels program.
Meals on Wheels ensures everyone has access to at least one hot and one cold meal each day. The service also utilizes volunteers to check-in with clients to make sure everyone is comfortable.
- Under the age of 65
- Driver’s license
- Own personal vehicle and proof of insurance
- The ability to lift 20 lbs
- Meet at the pick-up site at Jeffrey’s Catering
- Recurring weekly shift- approximately 2 hours long
- Deliver meals to clients. Knock on door, check in on volunteer (a quick hello), and leave meals. Meals cannot be left if there is no answer.
- Pick up and deliver back empty containers to drop-off location.
This volunteer opportunity is perfect for pairs. One person drives, as the other drops off the food!
If you qualify and are interested in volunteering with Meals on Wheels in Alexandria, please contact RSVP Volunteer Specialist, Shannon White, at email@example.com.