region, with its notoriously high cost of living, can struggle to overcome tough economic times. Through services like
- Financial assistance
- Child and youth services
- Community and family strengthening
- Community resource centers.
With the food insecurity on the rise, Cornerstones has continued its commitment to serving individuals across Northern Virginia.
If you are interested in any of the following events, please reach out to RSVP Volunteer Specialist, Shannon White, at email@example.com.
*Please note, all volunteers must wear masks, and be able to lift and carry 30 lbs boxes of food.
- Saturday, December 12, 11:00-1:00 pm: Volunteers with vans or trucks needed to transport boxes of canned goods to an off-site storage unit in Herndon.
- Saturday, December 19, 9:00-1:00 pm (2 shifts): Volunteers needed to help distribute boxes of food in different neighborhoods in 5 different neighborhoods in Reston.
- Saturdays, January 9, February 6, March 6, 9:30-1:00 pm: WINTER COAT DISTRIBUTION. Spots fill quick. Volunteers needed to help run and take down the winter coat distribution outdoor event taking place at the North County Government Center in Reston.