In 1969, several faith-based organizations and a handful of dedicated volunteers banded up together to form United Community. Together, they focused in on providing human services to the people of southeastern Fairfax County.
While Fairfax County is the third richest county in the United States (just behind Loudon County, VA and Howard County, MD), 83% of the clients United Community serves fall at or below poverty level.
United Community is searching for volunteers to help drive their food truck to pick up donations at various stores. If you think the volunteer opportunity listed below suites you, please contact RSVP Volunteer Specialist, Shannon White, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Food Truck Driver:
- Clean driving history
- Must submit driving records (at expense of United Community)
- CDL license NOT required
- Drive box truck to grocery store locations- ex. Whole Foods, Walgreens, Starbucks
- Load/unload boxes of food
- Be able to lift 45 lbs.
- Time Commitment:
- 1 morning a week for at least one month
- Options: Wednesday, Thursday, Friday