Outdoor, limited Contact, social distance, masks required.
Cornerstones has been a pillar in the DMV for nearly 50 years. Families living in this region, with its notoriously high cost of living, can struggle to overcome tough economic times. Through services like
- Financial assistance
- Child and youth services
- Community and family strengthening
- Community resource centers.
During Fiscal Year 2019, Cornerstones served:
- Almost 16,000 individuals
- Including 2,576 families
- 5,373 children
Every year, Cornerstones has been able to reach out to those in need. They rely on volunteers like you to fight food insecurity and provide essential resources to our neighbors. If you are able and willing to, contact RSVP Volunteer Specialist, Shannon White, at email@example.com, sign up for one of the following events:
- Thursday, November 19th, 2020 from 9:30 am-3:00 pm
- Friday, November 20th, 2020 from 9:30 am-1:00 pm
- Note: volunteer effort may not take full allotted time.
Where, what, and how:
- Meet at a Giant in Reston.
- Help load boxes of food into a truck.
- Head to designated neighborhood sites to help distribute boxes to the community.
- To be able to lift and carry boxes of food.
- Wear weather-appropriate clothing.
- Masks are required at all times.
Spots tend to fill. Contact RSVP Volunteer Specialist, Shannon White, today.