Outdoor, in-person with social distancing. Masks required.
10 locations throughout Fairfax County. Volunteers especially in need at the Annandale and Mason District Park locations.
Are you a local food enthusiast?
Do you prefer the outdoors?
Want the chance to bring fresh, healthy, local produce to your community?
Interested in supporting local farmers and producers.
Maybe its time to consider volunteering for your local farmers’ market. Fairfax county has 10 locations to choose from, and while 7 will be closing for the season in November, 3 more remain open through December. Volunteers who join can also start training now, rather than in the spring, so they can jump right into helping ensure farmers’ markets run smoothly from the get-go.
- Volunteers should be outgoing, passionate about buying local, and connecting community members to local farmers and producers.
- Time commitment: 6 hours per week for 3 months to 1 year
- Open and close the markets.
- Serve as the face of the local Farmers Market to vendors and customers.
- Help promote the market and answer customer questions.
- Monitor safety, help resolve issues, and report incidents.
- Be the ground support that help the markets run smoothly.
If you feel like you can bring passion to this role, please contact volunteer specialist, Shannon White, at email@example.com.