Location: 10700 Page Ave, Fairfax
Social Distance Encouraged and Practiced
Donations are key in times when resources are limited to those most vulnerable. VET (Volunteer Emergency Team) of Volunteer Fairfax works to mobilize, manage, and disperse donations to the community and partner organization. Sometimes these may be food-based. At other times, coats and blankets are collected for distribution. Volunteers who give their time to this donation site are helping ensure the timely deliverance of goods, especially in times of disaster-driven emergencies.
If you are eager to join the team, please contact volunteer specialist, Shannon White at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Volunteer duties include:
- Assisting in the maintaining, cleanliness, and organization of the warehouse.
- Sorting and organizing donations.
- Conducting inventory.
- Communicating with staff regularly regarding inventory and category of items to ensure ongoing needs are met.
- Informing staff or point-of-contacts of any issues.
- Maintaining social distancing
- Example: positioning carts for donors to place donations on rather than hand-to-hand exchange of donated materials.
- Physically able to perform tasks (for your safety and the safety of others).
- Be able to lift at least 30 lbs.
- Ability to communicate with others
- Ability to work individually as well as in a group
- Willingness to follow proper social distancing and COVID-19 mitigating protocols
- Enthusiasm in the mission
Preferred hours (shift-based schedule)
- Flexible schedule
- Mon – Fri: 9 am-4 pm or as needed
Orientation and Training Provided:
- Virtual Orientation via Zoom
- On the Job training
Message from the VET team:
We ask potential volunteers NOT to serve if they feel uncomfortable doing so, if they show symptoms associated with COVID-19 or if they have been in close contact with people known to have the virus. You should also monitor and follow all suggested state and federal recommendations regarding ways to prevent the spread of the virus which may restrict or limit interaction among the public.