No Shared Office
Since 1988, the non-profit organization, FACETS has been fighting to alleviate issues coinciding with poverty in Fairfax County. Programs include:
- Preventing and Ending Homelessness
- Hot Meals Food Distribution
- Hypothermia Prevention and Response Program
- Housing Services
- Community development
FACETS is currently looking for office admin volunteers for weekday shifts ranging from 1-4 hours. Afternoon shifts are highly preferred.
The office is taking the following precautions against COVID-19 to ensure the safety of their volunteers:
- No shared offices.
- Masks must be worn in common spaces.
- Access to hand sanitizer.
- Surfaces are disinfected daily.
As an office volunteer, you will help contribute to furthering FACETS delivering the following services to those experiencing poverty:
- Emergency shelter and financial assistance
- Comprehensive case management
- Infection prevention and education
- Medical outreach
- Emergency assistance with
- Computer and printer access
- Homework help
- Life skills groups for:
- Budgeting and money management
- Family and cultural awareness
- Support for Mothers
- Problem-solving, decision-making, and self-awareness classes
Just this past year, the education and community development program reached 1,817 people, including serving over 500 children with youth programs focused on developing healthy academic and lifestyle habits.
RVSP volunteers should contact volunteer specialist Shannon White at email@example.com to join or learn more about this opportunity in helping alleviate poverty in Fairfax County.
RSVP – Northern Virginia recognizes that while many of our 55 and better population want to help, they may be unable to do so, as they would put themselves at risk. Please make sure to take proper precautions. One is much more effective in creating a better and safer community after they have taken proper care of themselves.