Meals on Wheels in Alexandria
Wednesday shift needed
On-call volunteers for Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Fridays
Senior Services of Alexandria (SSA) is working to foster independence and self-sufficiency, enabling seniors within the City of Alexandria to age with dignity. While they provide programs dealing with companionship to education, they are currently looking for volunteers to join their Meals on Wheels program. Here’s what they are looking for in their volunteers:
- SSA is cognizant of the COVID risks, and ask their volunteers to be under the age of 65, and do not have other high-risk factors that may put themselves in harms way.
- A valid driver’s insurance, a personal vehicle, and current insurance
- Availability between 10:00am-12:00pm Monday-Saturday, and on Sunday 12:00-2:00 pm
- Volunteers should be able to life up to 20 lbs and climb stairs
- The ability to greet and check in on the client, as well as pick up empty containers, and deliver them back to the pick-up location.
While SSA is looking for volunteers on Wednesday shifts, new routes are being added.
RSVP volunteers should contact project coordinator, Shannon White, at email@example.com for more information. Please allow for 2 business days for a response.