By Tina Luebke, RSVP Staff
Starting with your December service hours (filed in January 2020) RSVP-Northern Virginia is using a new timesheet and reimbursement form. We will attach it to every reminder; please discard any old versions and use the new one. You can download a Word document version of the new timesheet here.
We designed this form to help RSVP staff log your hours and issue reimbursements more efficiently.
If appropriate, please complete the column labeled “# of Clients Served.” This is important information we are required to submit to the Corporation for National and Community Service (CNCS). Number of clients is the number of people with whom you interacted – students, food service recipients, riders, etc.
Finally, please note, that if you are requesting mileage reimbursement, your volunteer supervisor (for the project you are asking mileage for) must initial the yellow box under “Mileage/Meal Reimbursement.” Without those initials, we cannot issue your check.
Thank you for using the new form, and again, thank you so much for completing and returning your timesheet every month. The information you provide is critical to our continued participation in this CNCS program.
Why Timesheets Matter…
The team at RSVP cannot thank our volunteers enough for completing and submitting your time sheets each month. Keeping track of the time and talents you contribute to our community is vital to our program.
From time to time we get questions about the time sheets and volunteers ask, why is reporting our hours so important?
RSVP staff member Tina Luebke has put together an informative and helpful list of frequently asked questions on filing time sheets.
- Why is filing my time sheet so important? –RSVP is a federally-funded program of the Corporation for National and Community Service. In order to remain in good standing with our grant we’re required to make regular reports on active volunteers.
- I don’t volunteer to get thanks, or mileage, why is it important for me to file time sheets? – We know that you volunteer out of generosity and compassion, not to get credit. It is only with federal funding that we can run RSVP and support your volunteerism. For that reason, it is critically important that everyone complete a timesheet. Please include your mileage if you track it, and the number of people you engage with – we report these figures to the CNCS.
- What is the deadline for filing time sheets? –The 5th of the following month (no later than the 10th please).
- What happens when RSVP volunteers do not file time sheets? – When we don’t receive your timesheets, we can’t count them in our reports. If our numbers do not reach the required level we may lose good standing.
- What reimbursements are available to RSVP members? RSVP volunteers are eligible to request the following reimbursements:
- For your trips in your personal car, going to/from your volunteer assignment, and/or while performing duties for that assignment (ex: Meals-on-Wheels food delivery)
- Reimbursed at a rate of 0.25 cents per mile up to eighty (80) miles per month, for a maximum of $20 per month.
- If you wish to receive mileage reimbursement, you must provide your current driver’s license information and maintain adequate auto insurance (must be on application).
- When volunteering during breakfast, lunch, or dinner, RSVP members can request reimbursement for a maximum of $3.00 per meal.
- How do I request reimbursement for mileage and/or meals?Reimbursement requests are submitted with monthly timesheet. If you wish to receive reimbursement, your volunteer supervisor MUST initial in the space provided on the form. If you do not wish to receive reimbursement for mileage, leave that section blank. Please allow 6 weeks for your reimbursement check to arrive.
For more info please feel free to contact RSVP at 703-403-5360.
Please send your time sheets to email@example.com
Thank you for your help and for all your great volunteer work, your RSVP-Northern Virginia team.
For more information on RSVP-Northern Virginia, please visit www.rsvpnova.org